Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Facebook?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Facebook?

Lately I have noticed that I have been receiving a whole lot of requests to "friend" me on Facebook, on my e-mail.  Most of these people I have never heard of.  Some of them I actually HAVE heard of, and frankly, I love your blogs.

However.

I don't have a Facebook page, or blog, or whosit   I don't even know how to get ON Facebook!  Apparently my children's lives are an open book to most people, but I don't know what is going on.  It is probably better that way, actually. 

Frankly, you people are lucky that I can figure out how to log on and off of this thing every day!  I'm old, and incompetent.  Thank God for teenagers! 

So...for the people who are wondering why I probably hate them...it isn't that at all.  And frankly, I'm a tiny bit flattered that people even WANT to be friends with me!  But you will just have to read all about my enthralling and probably slightly peculiar fixation with Green Lantern behinds right here.

6 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Gary said...

You're not alone, Sally - I've been asked to jump on Facebook as well by those crazy hep-cat kids, but my comics haunt will always be Blogger.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Well, I have a page, but I tend to set a pretty high barrier for entry. You're going to see a lot of mundane (some might say "boring") details about that person. I have to be pretty invested in keeping up with someone to want to see all that stuff, or at least be willing to scroll past it. I assume most others do the same -- why would they want to hear about my family if they don't actually know who we are?

Also, if someone consistently posts things that annoy me or get tiresome (for example, political posts annoy me, and constant health updates are tiresome), I will block them from my feed.

That said, I have rekindled some lapsed friendships with people with whom I'd lost touch, so the pluses outweigh the minuses for me.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Gary, I'm with you. I love Blogger, although I've noticed that it is a whole lot quieter than it used to be. All the Hep Cats are off twittering or whatever.

Sheesh!

Bryan, rekindling old friendships seems to be one of the benefits of Facebook. I'm impressed that you are actually choosy about your friends. Some people apparently write down everytime they eat something or go to the bathroom. I don't find that sort of news all that riveting.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Well, it's a little-known property of Facebook that you can "friend" somebody but block their updates from your newsfeed, so you don't have to see every post they make. They can still see my posts, but since I'm always clever and witty, they get the benefit of my brilliance and I don't have to put up with their dullness. I've still got a couple who constantly post crap (Just woke up from my nap! Feel great!) (Doctor says I need a colonoscopy! Oh no!), but I won't block them until the crap outweighs the worthwhile stuff. Also, some people really come on strong at first but then taper off, so I give them some time to find themselves before I pull the trigger.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I had both my best friends trying to get me on Facebook a couple of years ago, but they've given up since then. I think one of them even deleted his account.

I don't know what I'd post on there if I did sign up. I don't like talking about my personal regularly online, and all my entertainment discussion is on my blog.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Calvin, I'm with you.

Frankly we are ALL so witty on our blogs, that there wouldn't be anything left for Facebook!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home