Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Cartoon Channel

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cartoon Channel

Well, this morning, they aired the final episode of the Green Lantern cartoon. 

Dammit.

I'm going to miss it.  It even had Guy in it!  Mostly Hal of course, but still! 

It also had Kilowog, and Salaak, and Larvox, and Chaselon and Tomar Re, and many many more.  I liked Razor, and I liked Aia, and I even liked Sayd and Ganthet and Appa Ali Apsa.  Heck, it even had Scar!

It was a good show, and it didn't take itself too seriously.  They did a good job with Hal and Carol, and managed to incorporate the various emotional corps quite well. 

It's a shame that it only lasted two seasons, but like all good things...namely Batman: the Brave & the Bold...it too has come to an end. 

Dammit!

7 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Moriarty said...

Oh no! I didn't know that was the last episode *ever*! I just thought it was the last one this season. Now I'm bummed. :(

I really liked the way they depicted all the characters. They even had Ch'p earning Guy's respect in a nice little moment in the final ep!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It was nice to see Ch'p. Or Bd'g. Or whomever.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I belive that they are not picking the series up again. Which bums me out enormously.

On the upside, on Young Justice, Guy showed up for all of two seconds at the end! I only caught it by accident, but it made my day.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Sally, before that, you can see him next to Hal and John, when the JL arrives at earth.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Yes, both Green Lantern and Young Justice been canceled. The GL movie killed any hope for merchandising (read: toy sales) because the movie tie-in toys sold like crap. Without that revenue stream it's been deemed too expensive.

YJ merchandising was poorly designed and had a high price point relative to its target audience (moms rather than toy collectors) so that tanked and took the show with it.

I'll miss both. Good shows that were just getting better.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

There was more Guy and I missed it? Dammit!

Bryan, the shows HAVE been very good this season! I especially loved the one where their rings run out of power and they can't understand each other anymore. Plus Razor had developed a very dry sense of humor.

I swear everytime I like something, they cancel it!

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

Yeah, I'm bummed by no more Young Justice and Green Lantern Animated, especially considering that both series ended well, but somewhat on a down note.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

--------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOEiAonVcA-----------

Min 0:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home