Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: This was Cool

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, March 18, 2013

This was Cool

And a happy belated St. Patrick's day to you all.  Our Fife and Drum corps marched in the Holyoke St. Patrick's day Parade, which is probably the largest one in the country...and froze their behinds off!  Since it is at least 3.5 miles long, I cleverly stayed at home and watched it all on television.  

Cold.  So cold.  Last year it was70!

But anyway, I was on my way to work this morning, in lovely Springfield, Massachusetts, and traveling on I-91 north, till I got to the ess in the road, known locally as the Longmeadow Curve, when I noticed a VERY large bird flying overhead.

It was a bald eagle!

They nest in Suffield, Ct, on the Connecticut river, a few miles to the south, so we actually do see them occasionally...but still, it was amazing.  They are simply gorgeous, this was a male, with the white head and the white tail feathers.  It was a very nice start to a Monday morning!

This has nothing whatsoever to do with comics.  But I thought it was cool.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

They are amazing. I once stood on a bridge in Michigan in subzero weather watching them fish in a partially frozen river, while a videographer in my employ filmed them. We happened upon the scene purely by chance, and he jumped at the opportunity to get some footage that he didn't have to pay for. Apparently, eagles are popular. I have seldom been so cold in my life, and I was huddled in my coat, not holding the camera.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's amazing! I've never seen them fishing. THey nest not too far away from my house, so we see them flying occasionally, and it is always a thrill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home