Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Happy Mother's Day

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Okay, so I am a day late.  I was too busy having a really nice Mother's Day.  My oldest made me brunch, which was divine, and then another one came over, and brought my car back.  Granted he left with it again...but it was the thought that counted!  And a lovely time was had by all.

I hope that all of our favorite Comic Book Characters treated their mothers well.  If she weren't dead, I am sure that Clark would have gone home to Smallville to visit with Martha and eat some of her pie.  Bruce is probably draped over his mother's grave sobbing to himself.  Obviously Talia won't be getting a Mother's Day card anytime soon...and it's her own fault.

The Reyes are having a nice barbecue in the backyard, and Jaime is taking the night off from Blue Beetle derring-do.  Guy would be hiding from Peggy Louise Gardner if this was the REAL DC Universe.  Kyle is probably sad.  John too.  Hard to know with Hal.  Although being dead at the moment...maybe...perhaps he stopped by to say hello to both Mom AND Dad. 

I sure wish that they would bring back Hippolyta, so that Diana could get a hug.  I know she has a whole huge new family now, but it's just not the same.  At least Batgirl has her mom back. 

So, I hope you ALL had a lovely Mother's day if you are Mother's.


2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Yeah it seems like DC heroes don't have that many moms around. The only one I can think of, that I'm reading about, is Amayas' mom from Sword of Sorcery. She's pretty awesome.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, they don't seem to want mothers, sisters, and god forbid that they have any married superheroes or daughters or sons. There may still be an aunt or two.

Sheesh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home