Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Brand New Comics Fan

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 29, 2013

A Brand New Comics Fan

As of 1:30 on the morning of Friday, July 26th, I became a Grandmother for the first time.  My oldest daughter had a baby boy. and...naturally, he is stunningly beautiful. 

Naturally. 

To paraphrase Garrison Keillor, Windsor Locks, CT...where all the children are above average.

And although my son-in-law is a baseball fan, I will be doing my very best to introduce him to comics.  Get them hooked at a young age, I say.  It worked with my kids, and hopefully, we'll be working on the next generation now.  I'll be saving my Lil' Gothams, and Superman Family books, and will of course, be buying him a Green Lantern Onsie, as soon as I find one.  I'll wait a little while before introducing him to some of my other books...we don't want to frighten him. 

Gosh...I'm a Grandmother.  I'm having just a little bit of trouble dealing with  this.  I'm...OLD!

But still feisty. 

12 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

well thank you

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Ted said...

Check out the Justice League Blocks too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=green+lantern+onesie&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=1677930678&ref=pd_sl_9eiuda1k1z_e

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger googum said...

Yay! Hope he likes his onsie, and congrats!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

There are blocks? Great Guardians!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family! I've been noticing more family friendly things for babies including comic based toys for tots so there's a lot of good things to introduce him to!

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Ted said...

I now realize I should have worded that a little better.

http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-Blocks-Infant-Snapsuit/dp/B003DI0358/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1375273709&sr=8-3&keywords=green+lantern+onesie

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

This is great news. Does this make you Ma Hunkel? Will you dress up in a cape and a cook pot and fight crime for the grandchild's amuseme- er, I mean, inspiration?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ted, it's ok.

Calvin...you are a genius! I even have the perfect pot! No longjohns, but I am sure I can find something.

And thank you Googam and Erin!

I am simply bursting with pride!

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Dermie said...

Congratulations!!! :) And welcome to the newest little Lantern.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Congratulations, Sally, I hope you enjoy grandmothering, I'm sure you'll be great at it.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you Dermie and James. This whole grandmothering thing has me a bit flummoxed, for sure.

But what a coup for DC and Marvel! Crazy Grandmother reads Comics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home