Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Greatest Ever!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Greatest Ever!

I don't usually post on Saturdays...heck with the way things are going, you are lucky that I post at ALL!  But this morning as I was going through my usual blogs and stuff, I found the most amazing comic that I have read in a very very long time.

Over at Comic Book Resources, AKA Comics Should be Good, they have a feature called "The Line It Is Drawn", wherein various artists draw Comic book characters in different styles, or in different situations, and it is always a hoot.  This particular day has some really fabulous entries, as usual, but the one by Brendan
Tobin, who draws the Punisher as if he were a Five-Year Old kid...is amazing.  And hilarious.

It involves the Punisher looking for pie, thugs, an Ice-Cream store, and for some reason the Silver Surfer.  Daredevil even shows up!    It has a better plot than a whole lot of the stuff that has been published, and the art is also better than some of the things that I have read.  Remember this is by a "Five-Year Old". 

Truly, this made my day.

5 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous JimmyTheJiver said...

Glad to hear that Punisher comic is getting noticed. I showed it to my friend, a Punisher fan and a once amateur comic writer/drawer in his youth. He got a kick out of it and admitted his flaws back then.

I really want that comic to be an ongoing feature. I wish there were more books out there like this and the no longer published Tiny Titans. I don't read Lil Gotham because I hate Damien (yeah I'm that petty).

I wish there were more good DC comics in general.

Shame that Batman: 66 and Adventures Of Superman are the only things I'm reading at DC at all. I pretty much quit DC after the 52. I thought of jumping on Smallville and Batman Beyond, but I didn't like their shows when they aired.

So it's Marvel mostly for me.

And before you think I prefer Marvel over DC I boycotted them for years because of Avengers Disassembled. It wasn't until Daredevil by Mark Waid that I slowly came back. He's writing the run I've always wanted someone to write after decades of Frank Miller-knock-offs.

I think DC needs to let more creators write out of continuity books other than TV-tie ins and Earth-One Graphic novels. Here's hoping.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I have to admit that Marvel is slowly winning me back with some of their more quirky offerings, of which Daredevil is one, Young Avengers and Hawkeye. I loved Journey into Mystery too, but they cancelled that, and I still miss Nextwave and the Incredible Hercules which was hilarious. But Thor is also pretty good.

Staying as far away from the multitude of Avengers and X-books as possible.

But yes, there isn't really a whole lot of joy in the DC books anymore. I still like the Green Lantern books, and I like Wonder Woman and Flash and a few here and there, but I'm seriously thinking of dumping a lot of them.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous JimmyTheJiver said...

I confess as much as I'm alienated by DC I still gleam through sites for updates until something's changed.

Buccellato and Manapul are leaving Flash after issue #25 if that helps. They're to be followed by a fill-in team, I don't know who is going to take over afterwards though. Their run that I've read (but not bought) is a good elseworld story. One that is ongoing.

(Here I delete my ranting and raving about wrongs done to Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, X-Men (who haven't been good since the 80's and are a lost cause) and The Avengers who like the X-Men are broken and will probably never get fixed.

If they could just publish out of canon books with iconic versions of characters doing ongoing adventures with stable growth I'd throw money at them.

Wow I'm grumpy.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous JimmyTheJiver said...

Proceeds to re-read The Punisher written and drawn by a 5-year old to cheer up.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wait...canon books with iconic characters? That's just crazy talk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home