Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: It's Glorify Guy Week

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Glorify Guy Week

I haven't done this sort of thing in an awfully long time.  Yes, it's cheesy.  Even a tad silly.  But it seems that I have been wallowing in angst lately, and it is getting boring.  Yes, DC is acting stupidly, but hey, they've acted stupidly before, and will no doubt continue to do so in the future.  In the meantime, and for one short week, I plan to wallow in my beloved Continuity and portray my favorite Green Lantern in all of his obnoxious glory.

And to start things off on the right foot, is a lovely little number by Kevin Maguire.

 photo blackandwhiteguybymaguire_zps54219055.jpg

There are few artists who can do such lovely lovely things with expressions and body language as Kevin Maguire.  If someone published a book that consisted of nothing but his drawings, I would buy it and read it...over and over again.  But this is obviously Guy from the good old braindead JLI days.  Gosh I miss the JLI!
 photo jliguysback_zps159b1d32.jpg

Yes, you can knock him down, take his ring, put him in a coma, take his ring again, put him in another coma, and he just keeps bouncing back.  Batman may actually have it right about Guy...he simply won't give up.

And seriously, this is a man who really loves his work.

 photo guyfun_zps8a1c0fce.png

I've actually been enjoying the Red Lantern book a heck of a lot more than I initially thought that I would, and I think that Charles Soule is a pretty darned good writer.  But I do hope that eventually Guy will be back in Green where he belongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home