Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Dagnabit!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Dagnabit!

I'm beginning to think that I'm a jinx.  I have been wandering back towards the Marvel aisle at my beloved local Comical Book Store lately, because while I am avoiding all of the Avengers/X-Men stuff, I have been greatly enjoying some of the more offbeat issues.  Hawkeye of course, Journey into Mystery, Thor, Young Avengers and lately, Daredevil.

Well, Journey into Mystery is now gone, which is a heck of a shame.  I loved it when it was with Gillen and Kid Loki, but I also liked it with Sif.  And now...just when I have finally discovered the joys of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee on Daredevil...I hear that it is going to be ending with #36.

Curses!!!

I suppose that this isn't the whole story.  It can't possibly be because of poor sales...can it?  And I would assume that they want to re-issue it with a whole brand-new number ONE again, in a couple of months or so.   But...but would it still be with this particular pairing of writer/artist?  I fear the worst...and I am rarely disappointed when I fear the worst when it comes to the shenanigans of Marvel or DC.  Believe me, I would LOVE to be disappointed! 

I managed somehow to miss the new issue of Daredevil last week, so I will be sure to snap it up this week...and I suppose that there are always the trades of the previous issues that I missed.  But it won't be quite the same. 

I can't live on only huge perpetual crossovers that never ever end.  I like the little books, and the secondary characters the best...at both Marvel and DC.  I never really liked Clint or Matt all that much...which only goes to show what a really good writer and a really good artist can do with a character.  Look at Catman for heaven's sake. 

But I still mourn for Nextwave and the Incredible Hercules. 

4 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I assume it's being relaunched (for this next wave of Marvel NOW!, sigh), and I'd think Marvel would let Waid and Samnee keep the book if they want to stay, but who knows.

I'm more worried they'll raise its price to 3.99 when it restarts.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Calvin, I think it is given that the price is going to go up. And I do hope that it is going to be relauched. I'm not sure that I want to read it if Waid and Samnee aren't going to be the creative team however, because I REALLY love Samnee's work.

Oh, and Mark Waid isn't too shabby either. But it's still rather annoying.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

Waid has a tendency not to stay on any project for too long. I'm just hoping the next writer can avoid the same Daredevil cliches that everyone else gets caught up in.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It can be so very easy to fall back into those old tired tropes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home