Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Stuff I Bought

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, November 07, 2013

Stuff I Bought

Well...that was a tiny week. 

Daredevil: Dark Nights #6

This isn't Waid and Samnee, but it is Palmiotti and who can resist an Amanda Conner cover?  I know I can't!  Besides, I have been enjoying Daredevil lately, so I figured, what the heck?

Seriously, I enjoyed the hell out of this. 

Matt is on a plane next travelling to Miami with a Federal Agent and a Mob Witness.  You expect things to go awry, and go awry they do.  But before everything goes sideways, Matt meets up with nont other than Misty Knight by the Hotel pool, and it turns out that she is after the Mobster that Matt wants to put away.  And she has...connections.

Mainly, the appeal of the book, besides the excellent action sequences, after the poor witness is...naturally kidnapped...is the nonstop flirting going on between Matt and Misty.  There is a spark and a chemistry, and it is quite simply...a lot of fun.

Due to the strange new belief at DC that all girls have cooties, and all male/female relationships are strickly verboteen, I enjoyed this enormously.

Twelve Thumbs Up!


Forever Evil #3

Oh.  This. It's still going on?  Man, is this sucker starting to drag.  Black Adam fights Ultraman and gets his ass whipped.  Lex stands around and pontificates and tries to deal with a childlike Bizarro.  Captain Cold gets his powers taken away, while the rest of the Rogues are stuck in Mirrors.  Black Manta shows up eventually.  They all decide to band together, because although they are VILLAINS...they are OUR Villains! 

Or something. 

Urgh.

Green Lantern #25.

Oh...Hal!

I also finally found Li'l Gotham, which was the Halloween special, and as usual, it was insanely adorable.  Unlike Andy Kubert, THIS is a Damian that I am happy to read about.

So that's it.  I hope you all had a lovely Wednesday!

4 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Yes, the key word in the phrase Forever Evil is ... forever. This is never going to end, is it? It's going to drag on along the fringes of the Nu52, making no sense, for all eternity. It's supposed to be this huge EVENT, but it's so bizarre how some titles are completely ignoring it, like it's some sort of troll in a comment thread.

And speaking of titles that are totally ignoring FE, I told you that the limited light was going to become an issue in Green Lantern. Blech. Clever ring usage is key to the GL concept, and now it's going to be "oh noes, I mustn't use up the energy, let me carry big weapons" or something.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Bryan, about both things, I agree with you. Forever Evil is just dragging on...and on...and on...! Yes,they're evil. We get it. Slightly less evil people are going to fight the more evil people.

Big Whoop.

I am not particularly enthusiastic about the "limited" amount of light available in Green Lantern either. It takes away from the whole zaniness of the concept.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

The solicits for Forever Evil #4 sound interesting but I don't think anything worthwhile will happen until Nightwing does something.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, I hope he hurries up and does something soon, because this thing is really dragging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home