Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Tiny Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tiny Reviews

Egad, but that was a small week.  But not a bad week.  Oh...who am I kidding.  All weeks are good!

So, let's get to it.


Batgirl #31

Although I do love Gail Simone, I had dropped this book.  I love Barbara Gordon, but I have to admit that I much prefer her as Oracle.  We have an...awful lot of Bat-People traipsing around Gotham City.  It's a wonder they don't have to put up stop lights or something, just to keep them all from crashing into one another while they swing between the high-rises.

But I bought this solely because Ragdoll was on the Cover.  And I love Ragdoll, from his days in Secret Six...which I STILL miss. 

And Simone does deliver.

Barbara goes and visits her boyfriend in the hospital, where he is recuperating after being shot by her dad.  I don't know about you, but that could lead to awkwardness at holiday dinners.  Then she gets a message from her roomie or whomever, that they are in deep deep doodoo, after breaking into a research lab to set off what they think is a stink bomb.  Turns out that someone...or something is there, and scaring the crap out of all of them.

Naturally, it's Ragdoll, and he is quick with the quips and slightly off-key humor, and I love it to death.  Turns out that Ragdoll is actually the HERO of the tale.  Barbara shows up and starts fighting with him, and oddly enough seems to be doing well, when he reveals that the stink bomb is actually a neuro-toxin, and they'd all be dead.  He was just worried about the monkeys they were testing.  And those people he killed...were only MOSTLY dead.

Well!

I doubt I'll continue, but it sure was nice to see Ragdoll again.


Fables #140

More of the Band, going and helping out Minstrel Guy.  They fight a dead zombie guy who can be defeated by No Man, and turns out that Briar Rose shoots him. And Puss in Boots isn't actually dead, which is a good thing. And they fight the queen, and use grenades and stuff.  And then the giants come in and mess up...stuff.

This was actually a bit of a bore.  I like the characters, and it leads to an interesting note at the end, which says that now that the Adversary has been defeated, it is possible for all of the Fables to actually...go home again, which will lead to the end of Fabletown.  It has been hinted at, that this series is nearing the end, so I guess it makes sense.

It was...okay, but not really all that exciting.


Green Lantern Corps #31

Now we are getting somewhere!


Justice League United #l

I...thought that they already had number one?  Maybe that was a zero issue?  I don't even know anymore. 

Anyway, Adam Strange finds a cool flying suit and rockets, so that's a good thing.  Lobo shows up and sliced off Hawkman's arm, which is a bad thing.  Man, I am SO SICK of dismemberments!  Can DC please come up with a new schtick?  Green Arrow is actually fun, and Animal Man is channeling some interesting pwers.  The new Native American girl, doesn't do anything, and Courtney has to rescue J'onn, and embarrasses him by hugging him at the end. 

It was a little convoluted, but the art was nice, and I'm giving it some time to find its legs.  Not great but not bad.


And that's that!

Well! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home