Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Back Again

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Back Again

Holy Guacamole, but this has been a frenetic month so far!   Spent half of last week carousing at the Deep River Muster, and camping.  Spent an inordinate amount of time loading stuff...unloading stuff...setting stuff up, marching, drinking unsetting stuff, and reloading it all and then unloading it again.  I am exhausted.  I also suffered a ping-pong related injury, that has my limping. 

But anyway.

I did finally get my greedy little hands on Green Lantern Corps, and it turns out that Fatality ISN'T Fatality, but actually a Durlan.  John has been banging a Durlan all this time!  Naturally, he's feeling just a bit used.  Not to mention he/she eats one of those adorable little kids from the fire planet and gets all powerful and stuff, and it takes quite a bit of work to defeat her, and stuff her in a sciencell.  And there is...naturally...another huge menace to the Universe just lurking out there, so I am assuming that we are going to start all over again with a major crossover/giant threat...blah blah blah.

I'm beginning to feel a bit of  cross-over overload. 

I am not BEGINNING to feel it...I've been feeling it for a helluva a long time!  Sheesh! 

I realize that I am revealing my age here, but would it kill the writers and editors to just have some individual stories, done-in-one, or a couple of issues long, rather than these long complicated epics that take 12 months or so to happen?  It always starts incredibly slow for the first few months, only to pick up speed, and finally end all in one issue, which is a bit of a let-down, frequently.  I know that they only write with one eye on the eventual Trade, but it's really getting annoying.

I am feeling a bit cranky today, as you have no doubt been able to figure out.   And since I don't check my e-mail all that often, Microsoft keeps trying to get me to have a code but they want to send it to an email address that I've never even heard of, so I am assuming it is a scam or something.

Bah!

But Daredevil was good, and so was She-Hulk, and some other stuff. 

3 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Ted said...

A ping pong Injury that has left you limping? I'm suitably Impressed. You've managed to "out Hal" Hal Jordan!

Seriously, I hope the limp clears up quickly.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

That sounds like too much carrying and unpacking, not enough drinking.

And yeah, it sounds like all the different Corps (whichever ones are left) are gonna get their heads kicked in by the New Gods this fall. Which I guess I should have seen coming, since the last big event involved the Source Wall.

I'm irritated that Marvel is already soliciting Axis, their next big event, when Original Sin isn't even done yet. That's nothing new, but it's still tiring.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ping pong injuries are nothing to sneeze at! but I am doing much better. But I didn't realize that the new gods were going to be going up against the lanterns. I am all atwitter!p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home