Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Bad Boys

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Bad Boys

Just what IS it about Bad Boys, that makes them so...fascinating to otherwise level-headed fangirls?    Or anyone for that matter? 

I finally did see Avengers 2, and it was delightful.  I rather missed having Loki around...possibly the ultimate Bad Boy, but it was so nice to see the rest of the crew together wreaking mayhem. 

 photo avengersbymaguire_zps97a16204.jpg

This is adorable by the way.  And it includes one of my favorite Bad Girls, in the person of the Black Widow, who more than manages to hold her own against the walking imbodiments of testosterone, with which she finds herself surrounded. 

Nick Fury is a Bad Boy, and always has been.  As embodied by Robert Downey Jr., Tony Stark is a Bad Boy too.  But a charming one.  So is Hawkeye.  So is the Hulk, although Banner is a Good Guy, and so is Thor and of course Captain America.  I'm not saying that Cap doesn't have a certain amount of pragmatism where warrented, but he is the very epitome of a Good Boy.  And those are just the heroes! 

I've always had a soft spot for Captain Cold and the rest of Flash's Rogues.  Maybe because with all their faults, they do have a certain moral code, and don't actually go around straight up murdering people like the Joker.  The Joker incidentally is not a Bad Boy.  He's a psychotic mass murderer, and there is a difference. 

I'm not sure that I would classify Doctor Doom as a Bad Boy either.  He's a bit too grandiose, and quite frankly, too obsessed to be a Bad Boy.  Gambit would like to be a Bad Boy, but he's just a walking cliche in my opinion.  I guess Wolverine is a Bad Boy, although lately I think that he's overdoing it.  Cyclops is certainly turning into one, which surprises the heck out of me.  Luthor isn't a Bad Boy. He's a Bad Man.  So is Sabretooth.

Who do YOU think qualifies?

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

This is one of those things that's always been a little hard to define. There are two type of bad boys: those that have redeeming qualities and those who do not. The latter would be the guys that seem to attract lovers based on being seen as a rebel but their really no good. I always assumed that was the case with Booster parents. The former usually has characters that do "bad" things for good reasons and/or project the persona to keep themselves from being vulnerable. That's the one I find appealing although it depends on the character if I find them intriguing or not. character growth is also key.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Good point. I do prefer my Bad Boys with the requisite heart of gold. Slightly tarnished perhaps, but that's okay. And Jerks have their appeal as well, which is why I am a Guy Gardner fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home