Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Ouch

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ouch

I haven't been posting for a few days, because on Saturday I managed to sprain my ankle, stepping off the bottom step of my back porch.  Since I have ankles that have the apparent strength of a piece of cooked sphagetti, this sort of incident is distressingly common for me. 

Man, it hurt. 

Much better now, I can put weight on it, and shuffle around, and am off the crutches. 

But anyway.   Superheroes don't seem to suffer from this sort of thing.  Hawkeye, now seems to sport a bandaid on his nose in practically every depiction of him, but that is a  new thing, and something that I find quite endearing actually.  Also Bruce seems to have Alfred stitch him up a lot, but he never seems to suffer from anything but cuts and bruises.  No broken bones or sprains, or concussions. 

On the other hand, maybe all he DOES suffer from are concussions!  It would explain a lot. 

This sort of thing is why I rather like the Marvel movies, because Iron Man actually gets beat up a bit, and so does Thor and Captain America and everybody else.  Because when you are fighting world class threats, you actually should bleed a little bit. 

So, as usual, I've managed to make it all about me. 

clumsy photo hal20clumsy.jpg

Hal sums it all up so neatly.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Oww! Glad you're feeling better,.

Let me think...once Bane broken Batmans' back but still there feels like there should have been more serious injuries. If Jason hadn't been killed it was hinted at him either being stuck in a coma and/or having some nasty injuries. I can't recall of the break, punctures, etc. but it was pretty extensive. Fairly recently Roy almost died after being burnt badly and was only restored after Jason called in a favor. Awhile before that Jason managed to recover from Joker putting acid in his helmet.

Booster had his arm broken by the Director in his original series although that was fixed in the future arc. Spider-Girl Mayday Parker had her arm broken too and someone thought she was being abused. Scarlet Spider mentioned lots of broken bones but I don't recall him ever being shown healing. I know there are more but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

You would think there would be oodles and oodles of bumps and bruises, wouldn't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home