Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Speculation

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Speculation

So...I believe that the new Green Lantern book is coming out this week.  Naturally I haven't read it yet, nor ANY of the new books... but that isn't about to stop me from wondering just what the heck is going to be happening.

What I really want to know, is the Hal in the new book going to be the same Hal from before Convergence, or is it going to be the Hal who was Parallax? The latter supposition would actually make a certain amount of sense, as the Convergence Hal seemed to be fairly guilt-ridden, so his going out and trying to atone would be reasonable. I have never quite understood why the 52 Hal, in the Corps moment of triumph would suddenly decide that stealing a relic and going on the lam would make ANY possible sense.

Perhaps that motivation will be explained.  But I wouldn't bet on it.

Then there is the welcome news... to me at least... that Guy Gardner will be in the new Green Lantern Corps book along with John, Arisia, and Kilowog. I am glad that he is going to be back on a Green Lantern uniform. I enjoyed his escapades as a Red Lantern far more than I expected that I would, but Guy is a Green Lantern at heart. I just don't know how he is going to get there, last we saw he was wandering around on Earth with a former demon baby in a backpack. Again, there is the possibility that it is going to be the Convergence version of Guy, who frankly was awesome!

So... at least there are still Green Lantern books. It is the other books that I am worried about. I really have no interest in reading about Jim Gordon dressed up in the Moth-Bat-suit. I also am completely uninterested in a mostly powerless crabby Superman. No cape, no "S" curl, no compassion... not for me.  Also no Lois.  Some of the other books sound interesting, the new Dr Fate book sounds intriguing, as does the Justice League United book. Not sure where Booster is going to end up.

I do wish that DC would print more of the adventures of Shazaam, with the same team as the Convergence book, because that was Awesome!  I did see were Jaime was back as the new Blue Beetle which fills me with joy. I am not sure what is going to happen to Ted Kord or the Dibnys or Vibe... but I sure hope they stick around.

Was any of this actually explained in the Convergence book?    Who do you all want to see in the post-Convergence world?

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I have to get back to you on if it was explained since I don't have the books around. I'd like to see: Cassandra Cain, A Booster Gold/Time Masters series, a return to good Batwoman stories, ignoring the crap in BE, JLI, Blue Beetles, more of a sense of history/legacy and characters seeming to like each other. Having them being friends and it feeling earned. I've read books like that since the new 52 started but I think all of them were cancelled except one and another is rebooting. I don't get that vibe with the big name books.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I agree with you so much, it is ridiculous. A Booster/Time Masters series would be amazing. Also many many Blue Beetles.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Blue Beelte Corps should be a thing.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

If that were a real thing I would swoon in delight.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Not a lot was explained in the main convergence series. I got Batman/Superman hand loathed the new Supes. Miserable, butter hate fuelled character. That is not Supes. and he looks like pre 52 Superboy, which is stupid.

I want to see Convergence Supes, Lois and son. More Renee. And I'd buy a Shazam ongoing. I disliked most of the previews though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home