Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Small Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Small Reviews

Well, that was a tiny week.  They seem to be getting smaller and smaller, which is good for my pocketbook, but bad for my comic thirst.

Anyhoo.

Batgirl #44

Well, the Tigers have been misappropriated by someone called the Velvet Tiger, who has a bit of a temper and a giant felling of entitlement.  In other words, a supervillain with a gimic. 

There is naturally a lot of fighting, and Babs once again punches a tiger.  Then she is saved by her motorcycle, which does make her pause for a moment, since she was unaware that her motorcycle had saving powers. And then she smooches with Luke Fox. 

It's all nice, and not terrible.  Not quiet up to the standard of the first arc, but enjoyable.

Boy, I'm getting jaded or something in my old age.


Batman '66, #27

Now THIS book is a great read! We have Bane as a Luchador wrestler, Batgirl showing up, and Commissioner Gordon going undercover in Mexico, by wearing a sombrero and a serape.  There is tag-team wrestling by the dynamic duo plus one, and the Riddler to boot.  It is all quite insane, and hilarious and fabulous, and why oh why are they ending this book? 

All the books I like are getting cancelled!  Argggggghhhh!!  So read this while you can, because it is the just the bee's knees.

Harley Quinn and Power Girl #4

To be perfectly frank with you, Harley is not one of my favorite characters. Peej IS however, and I also adore Vartox.  He's finally freed from his ensorcelment, although Peej still seems to be suffering from what ever memory problems she has.

Plus there is naked Vartox, and that's always a good thing.

Fun, and silly, but still worth a read.  Of course, since it is fun, they'll probably be cancelling it any day now.
Maybe they'll cut off Harley's arm and make her all dark and angsty or something.


Sinestro #15

This...was not one of my favorite issues.  Lobo shows up, and it's the new Lobo, and frankly, I can't stand him.  Then Sinestro starts picking on poor St. Walker. And of course, he wants to rule the Universe, but that's just Sinestro's thing. I did find it mildly interesting that a yellow ring keeps showing up on Lobo's finger, and he keeps cutting his finger off and telling Sinestro to shove it. 

This just didn't sing for me this month.



So...not a particularly great week.  Except for Batman'66. That was fabulous.

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I got the first Batman 66' trade digitally with the Batman day sale. I think I'll like it. For the cost of a normal issue I figured it was worth a shot.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I have never tried the digital copies... but at least you don't have to have long boxes.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I have one and a bunch of shoeboxes. I got into digital comics fairly recently and love the app. You can read it panel by panel to make it more of a surprise. I still get physical copies too. Digital is mostly for traveling so I'm never without my favorite books.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home