Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: How About That?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 12, 2015

How About That?

Well... all this time I just assumed that DC had killed Kyle Raynor off in Omega Men.  I never actually read it, but saw the scans of him all tied up and presumably executed and stuff.  It seemed like a pretty crappy thing to do, to a Green Lantern, much less one who had more or less carried the entire franchise for years, but hey, things have been pretty weird at DC lately.

But I guess he's not dead after all ! This is a good thing. I am still not going to buy the book, the characters with the exception of Kyle don't appeal to me at all. And they had pretty much killed my interest back when they teamed him up with Carol Ferris and the new new Guardian's. But not dead is still better than dead dead... so that's something to be mildly grateful for.  So thanks DC!

IT'll take what I can get.

5 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

All this time I thought you knew. I haven't read it either but Kyle is ringless for this one. There are some scans on scans daily with him in it.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I had decided to not read anything that'd kill Kyle too and almost started reading it when I heard differently too. Trouble was, the fact they'd make me think they killed off my favorite GL as a marketing tool left too bad a taste to bother...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I honestly had no idea whether Kyle was alive or dead... possibly because I had reached the point where I just didn't give a damn anymore. But I find that I am actually glad that he's alive and kicking.

It's just that... the current batch of stories from DC lately have been such a terrible combination of banality and pointless violence, that I am just not remotely interested. Characters that I love are either in limbo, dead, or completely changed.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Same here. I find myself pretty pissed off with how out of character most writers are writing some of my favorites because they can't be bothered to read those characters series. Some of these plots have been done to death within a few years. It's all very frustrating.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes. Yes it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home