Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Tiny Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, October 08, 2015

Tiny Reviews

Three books.  This is what I have been reduced to.  It's not that I don't WANT to buy more books...I have my beloved Comic Book Store owner's kid to put through college after all...but there is practically nothing out there that I want to read.  I am looking forward to the eventual end of Secret Wars and the relaunching of so many of my favorite books.

So...Looking...Forward.

In the meantime...

Green Lantern #45

I know, I know, I keep swearing that I am going to drop this book.  But it had Black Hand in it, and I confess to a tiny bit of affection for Black Hand.  He is the one turning all those planets into rock, due to some sort of effect left over from the Source Wall, and he's not too happy about it. Also, he's headed towards sector 2814, so Hal is in a huge tizzy.

Finally, he also confesses (Hal that is,) just what his reasoning was concerning his stealing the artifact, and going "rogue".  He...I can hardly believe this...figured that if he "went bad", then the Green Lanterns would chase him, and restore their good name to the Universe.

Seriously. 

Thus proving once again, that when it comes to brains, Hal thought they said trains...and missed his.  That has to be the dumbest idea that he's ever had...and trust me, he's had some doozies. It is also all rendered moot considering that most, if not all the Green Lanterns have been mysteriously whisked away to Relic's Universe, and aren't even around to be redeemed.  So Hal is running around being Space Gambit...FOR NOTHING!  Plus they are cancelling Green Lantern Corps anyway, so who the hell knows what is going to happen? 

Man, from being one of DC's premier books, the Green Lanterns have really fallen on hard times lately.

BAH!

Groot #5

Adorable as always. 

Groot and his motley crew descend upon the space craft where Rocket is being held captive by a very unpleasant pirate lady, and mayhem naturally ensues.  She doesn't really take Groot seriously, which is a big mistake on her part.  Meanwhile, Mantron falls in love, and proves to be totally awesomely fabulous.  Also, one of the silly Skrulls turns out to be a Super Skrull...much to everyone's surprise.

With a few amusing twists and turns along the way, things work out, and we have Rocket and Groot off in a Space Camaro, to see what all the hoopla about Earth is...well...about.

I do love this book.

1603 #4

We have Angela as a Witch Hunter, going after the Faustians, and the Enchantress as the Fairie Queen, and Sera as a dead, but still animated talking skull.  It's all very Shakespearean, and witty and nicely drawn, and not a bad diversion at all.  Also, Christopher Marlowe gets his.  But Shakespeare rocks! 

Oh yes he does. 

And that was it.  One great, one very good, and one so bad that it was possibly, kinda good in a terrible sort of way.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I think you got a bigger haul than me although I usually have a few books a month. Fingers crossed that something good comes around the corner.

It is hard letting go of a book starring one of your favorites once quality has gone down.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I've had two books come out in the last 4 weeks. Marvel's new slate of first issue can't get her fast enough at this stage.

As for Hal, did he consider that perhaps people would like the Green Lanterns more if he went out and STOPPED some space crimes, rather than committing them? I hadn't really figured Hal for a martyr complex, but I guess it suits his ego.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Erin, it has been a bit of a wasteland lately, hasn't it?

Calvin, your idea is apparently far too sensible. Hal has never been the sharpest crayon in the box, but this latest ploy is just idiotic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home