Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Reviews

Another Wednesday, and another clutch of new books. Not as many as I used to get, but still not bad.

Robin, Son of Batman #9

A bit all over the place, but at least it wasn't that Robin's crap. Damian is tying to deal with the fact that for the moment at least, his father doesn't even know who he is, which seems like a pretty cruel thing to do to a kid, but that's just me. Also Nobody gets some redemption,  Goliath shows up and rescues Damian's bacon, and on my favorite part of the whole book, he goes back to the Batcace and introduces Goliath to the Bat Menagerie... including Batcow.

It is... delightful.


Avengers: Standoff #001

Also known as "Welcome to Pleasant Hill"

I have said it before, and no doubt I will say it again, but these three sentence titles are verting just a wee bit out of hand. That said I had a certain amount of skepticism about the premise of this book. As I began reading, it seemed as though any one of a dozen generic blond Avengers had been kidnapped by an evil Maria Hill and placed in some sort of environment straight out of "The Prisoner".  Oh, and look, there was Tony Stark!

Well! That was a twist that I did not see coming, so kudos to the writer, one Nick Spencer. You sir, have my attention!


The Mighty Thor #4

At the moment this is my favorite book, and it continues to deliver. Thor was busy blowing up all the Roxxon bombs that Malekith had dropped on Alfheim, but had lost her hold on Mjolnir, which is not. Good thing. Fortunately, she got it back before Jane went splat. The Queen of Alfheim meets with Malekith, and Lacey shows up, wherein Loki yells "Hi Daddy!" Too bad he vets chained up... Loki, not Laufey,who meets the new Thor and just cracks up.

Things aren't looking good in Alfheim, let us say.

Meanwhile, back in Asgard, a totally deranged Odin is accusing his own wife of treason. I will say this for Frey, she isn't afraid to let him have it. Odin still hates Jane, and wants her dead, Six and the Warriors Three are feeling rebellious, and everyone assumes that Cul is behind it all. Then Thor and Loki show up, which surprises Frwy...since it seems as though she and Loki ha some sort of plan. They compare their shackles, while Loki is glad to see his other Daddy.

Then Odin and Thor start to fight.

Oh, it is fun, the art is great, the writing is equally so, and heck... it's just rather epic.


Archie #6

I really am enjoying this book, which is not anything ever would have believed in a million years. But it is dated and also fun. Betty hits a great homerun in softball and accidentally clobbers Archie, putting him in the hospital with a concussion. Reggie sees this as his chance to move in on Veronica, and incidentally tries a few tricks on Mr. lodge as well. Reggie is a cine achiever, but he's just not in Mr. lodges weight class yet. Give him a few years.

Naturally I am glad that Reggie is in this. I love Reggie.

Man, it was a pretty good week!

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

We have no overlap this week.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

Nine books this week, and not a single disappointment. I thought you were reading Lucifer though?

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I AM reading Lucifer, but for some reason, my comic book store was shorted.

Grrrrr...I hate when that happens.

Oh, Shelly, you have great taste in comics anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home