Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Super?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, February 08, 2016

Super?

Well, that had to be one of the more boring Super Bowls, but then again I am neither a Broncos nor a Panthers fan.  The guacamole on the other hand was excellent. And the half-time show wouldn't have been bad if the sound guy had actually done his job and made it... audible.

So... that leaves the commercials.

I was not, for the most part impressed.  I still think the Weiner dogs were the cutest, and I found Willem Dafoe as Marilyn Monroe to be mildly amusing. That thing... the manbearpig, only a pugapebaby monstrosity was genuinely disturbing. And I completely missed the trailer for Captain America, which annoys me.

The Coke commercial with be Hulk and Ant-Man was a hoot, and quite well done. I certainly don't mind ogling Ryan Reynolds. But Sir Anthony Hopkins peddling... whatever it was?  I can only assume that after Thor: the Dark World, he made a deal with Loki to pretend to be him on Asgard, so that he could go to see just what the heck was so darned fascinating about Medford that both of his sons wanted to hang there. And if you are used to literally living like a king... then you need the funds to do that.

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I didn't see it all but I did like the superhero trailers. Bucky and Tony were the highlight of the Captain America Civil War commercial. The Pug/monkey/baby thing really disturbed me.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am so passed I missed the Cap trailer. But yes, that pugmonkeybaby thing was creepy as hell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home