Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: New Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, March 03, 2016

New Reviews

Not a huge week... not a terrible week.

Batman '66 meets the Man From Uncle #4

Oh, and the fun just continues. Batman pretends to be Bruce Wayne and goes off to Monaco, where all the Villains are taking over, closely followed by Robin, Batgirl, Napoleon and Ilya  in the Batsub...why? Because They Can!

It just gets a little more bizarre... and fun from there.


Lucifer #3

Finally! This actually came out a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't find it, but then I did, and it was pretty fabulous as usual. I do love Lee Garnett's art, and Holly Black is no slouch as the writer either

Lucifer and Gabriel have entered the Dreaming and we get to see Matthew the Raven, which is always a treat, Eve and Lilith, while learning more about the denizens of Hell and their backstories, which is also nice.

There is some more about that nasty little jar as well.  Darned good!



Black Widow #1

I have been looking forward to this for months, and Mark Wait and Chris Samnee do not disappoint. The action gets started immediately, with Natasha running through the helicarrier as Maria Hill shrieks over the intercom that she is considered an Enemy of Shield, and must be stopped at all costs.  this leads to a spectacularly choreographed pursuit, with additional mayhem for good measure.

We don't yet know what it was that she took, but whatever it is... it has Hill in a tizzy. The Widow makes all hose highly trained Shield agents look pathetic, but as far as I am concerned, that is her super power. The leap from the helix harrier, the flying car and all is just icing on the cake.

Fabulous!


Invincible Iron Man #7

Tony meets with Mary Jane to continue their talk about his job offer for her to basically become his new Pepper Potts. Tony is also a bit concerned that he can't contact Rhodey who has been captured by ninjas. Naturally. And apparently Peter Parker is rich now, which is news to me.

The art isn't bad, but I have to admit that the pace and tempo of the dialogue was beginning to annoy me. I know it is a quirk of Bendis to make all of his speakers have the same cadences, but he is trying a little too hard to make comic book Tony sound like movie Tony. There is nothing wrong with that except Everyone sounds like movie Tony!

It's not bad, but small cracks are beginning to show.


Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill

This is an Avengers book of course, and we have old Cap and new Cap, along with Becky and the "Whisperer", who seems to be Marvel's version of Oracle. And it turns out to be... Rick Jones!  Better than Snapper Carr, I can tell you!

And of course, they dined out about Maria Hill's little project, and naturally Steve Rogers is outraged. Seriously, what else did she suspect would happen? And Avengers and their allies are all being chased by Shield. It's pretty decent so far actually. I am not much of a fan of crossovers and huge "Events", but this is shaping up nicely... so far.


I did take a peek at the new Green Lantern book, because it just pains me so to NOT be reading about Hal, but it has Parallax and frankly the art is just... awful. At least in my opinion. And I am one of those people that the art is pretty important to... so I am still not buying it. I am looking forward to the new new new rebirth at DC to see if things are going to improve.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I liked Black Widow, too. I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out what's going on, though.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

True. But it did certainly start out with a bang!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

It sure did! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home