Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Home Again

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Home Again

We had a lovely time, although it is a lot of work, going on vacation!  Yeesh!  Still, the beer and the wine was cold, the Porsches and Corvettes were speedy, and the tiki bar was much appreciated.  I brought my books from last Wednesday along to read, but still haven't had time to finish all of them, so reviews, are more or less...sketchy.

Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel and Hellcat were all a hoot as usual.  A hoot and a half, for sure!  Doctor Strange was good. 

I did buy the new DC Rebirth book. 

It was...well, I was happy to see Wally, certainly.  But...but what the HELL? 

The last few years of 52 DC comics were all the fault of...Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen?  I know that DC has been busy stripping the last wee bits of meat off of the corpse of Watchmen, but seriously?  It pretty much just made me shake my head in complete bafflement.  I...I don't even know how it would even work!

If Geoff Johns had just decided to say, the hell with it, and had Superman standing in the shower, and it all being a dream, I would have been perfectly willing to accept that the last few years were nothing more than an Elsewhere story.  PERFECTLY HAPPY!  But now?  Well, I'll be very glad to know that Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes, Wally, Donna Troy, and a whole lot of other people are back, but now I'm feeling a bit ornery...not to mention skeptical.  It IS possible to just overthink things sometimes. 

And don't get me started on what Marvel has done with Captain America.  I was feeling very kindly thoughts about Marvel...and then they had to go and screw things up. 

So now, although most of my books were really very good, I'm feeling...surly. 

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Glad you had a good time.

I enjoyed DC Universe Rebirth or DUR, it reminded me why I started buying DC. Everything felt more hopeful, legacies are back, marriage seems to be allowed again (hopefully Kate/Maggie can happen now) and it's everything I missed. If this is applied in all books I'll be happy. The Watchmen thing was WTF especially Bruce finding the pin in the cave. But I'm willing to see what's done with it. I mean it makes sense for the characters and is actually pretty frightening. Because I don't know if anyone is powerful enough to stop Dr. Manhattan. I'm not a big Flash fan but I felt invested in the story and was pleased to see they explained the other Wally too.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I desperately want to like this latest re-re-re-boot, because we will finally have such wonderful characters back. What makes me nervous is that the same people that screwed it all up, are the ones who are "fixing" it all. Again.

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any thoughts on the Mighty Thor?

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Mighty Thor was mainly a tale told by Loki, so naturally I enjoyed it more. Basically, long ago, in an effort to one-up Thor, Loki more or less inadvertently creates ancient Viking Hulk. He is telling this story to Dario Agger, while killing a dragon, in order to feed Roxxon's elite goon squad with the dragon blood in return for powers. For his part, Loki would like his own bit of godly worship because he misses it.

Naturally.

Amadeus as the new Hulk also fights the Jane/Thor and the Enchantress. Good stuff, good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home