Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: On The One Hand...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 09, 2016

On The One Hand...

Well...I actually DID go to my Comic Book store this week, and picked up some stuff.  Decided to buy the first issues of the new DC books...what the hell, I may as well give it a whirl.  I haven't actually had time to READ them yet, but I will get around to it. 

This is a far cry from my previous attitude in those hallowed days of yore, when I could hardly wait to get home and dive into the latest Green Lantern book.  I'm older, crabbier, and a bit sadder and wiser as well...at least I hope.  At least as to the wiser part.  But I've been taunted with ret-cons, never-ending crossovers, and revamps for YEARS now, and it's...it's getting old.  Hell, I'M old!  And I am the first one to admit that I am probably not the premium target of most comic book companies, since I am a 50-something grandmother at this point.  And yes, there are a few of us around. 

But I do seem to spend a whole lot of time reading my OLD books. 

We will see.  I'll give the new books a chance. But the days of hanging in there for months and months and months, in the desperate wish that maybe...perhaps THIS month, the books will be good, are gone and done. 

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it seems the stories never end. Even now with Rebirth, I read that the reveal will take years. I wish we could meet in the middle between Silver Age decompression of stories and the long drawn out stories we have now.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a very good point. I actually like a beginning, a middle and a conclusion. I know that these are serials... they never actually end, but actually having characters have their OWN stories to tell in their OWN books is not...a bad thing.

If they want to tell tales of multiple characters... well, that is what the Avengers and Justice League are for, not never-ever ending crossovers, each more apocalyptic than the last. There are only so many times that Earth can be invaded or civil wars break out after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home