Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews actually on Time!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Reviews actually on Time!

Yesturday was a rather more successful outing to my beloved Comic Book Store.  I missed the first issue of Wonder Woman however, although I'm pretty sure that he'll reorder some.

Black Widow #4

Well!  That was a clever little twist to the story!  Natasha has been approached and is being blackmailed by some personage named the "Weeping Lion" who wants to her to go back to her old Red Room stomping grounds and get some information.  We have a bit of a flashback to her youth, and she's stabbed by a young member of the newly resurrected spy gang.  And it turns out that the sheltered girl from her flashback, is now all grown up and cranky and out for revenge and such.

The art is lovely of course, and it's a nice story with plenty of twists and turns, and I like it a whole lot.

Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat #7

Well, Jessica Jones was hired by Hedy to get dirt on Patsy, but Jess doesn't feel that's the right thing to do, so she teams up with Patsy to go snooping in Hedy's apartment. Naturally they are caught. Also Patsy has been doing some public signings and such to get a better reputation than just as a super hero.  The cover incidentally, is a hoot.

Then She-Hulk does her lawyerly thing, and there are twists and turns in this book as well, and woohoo!  Patsy gets her rights back!  Without throwing a punch! 

It's clever, it is witty, it is...just fun.  Exactly what I like my comics to be. And nary a decapitation in sight!


Vote Loki #1

Gosh, I missed my favorite Aesir Bad Boy.  Christopher Hastings is the writer, and someone that I am not familiar with, but he has a clever ear for dialogue, and a story.  Langdon Foss is the artist, also someone that I am not familiar with.  It wasn't at first, much to my liking, as it is very cartoony, and the perspective was so insanely off in the very first panel, that my eyes crossed.  But as I went through the issue, I began to appreciate it a bit more.  Still a bit too cartoony, but he does have a gift for expressions, which is always nice, and I think that I'll become more appreciative as time goes by.

So, we have an ace reporter, and we have two more or less lying candidates, and we have Loki, who shows up and rescues everyone at a rally from Hydra agents disguised as reporters.  He is interviewed afterwards, and admits he's entertained by the whole idea of elections and enjoys liars, but that he at least has the dignity to lie to your face. For some reason eveyone immediately thinks that he's going to run for President.

He thinks it's hilarious of course, but then decides to just roll with it. It gets a little crazier from there. 

I enjoyed the HELL out of this book.


Lucifer #7

Well, well well.  The chickens are coming home to roost.  Lucifer's kid wants to challenge Mazikeen. His mom doesn't want him hurt, and has a little confab with Mazikeen herself.  Raphael is having problems, the Metatron is a dick, and  there are wheels within wheels.  The art by Lee Garbett is delightful as usual., and it's just an interesting and slightly convoluted book to read.


Klaus #6

This is the one by Grant Morrison and Dan Mora about how Santa became who he is, but with a lot more wolves and blood and stuff.  Klaus gets caught, and brought back to his home by a nice kid, but then he gets caught again, and the poor miners unleash the creature that the Bad Guy has been serving this whole time, and he's fattening up the children....and it's a little on the weird side, that's for sure. 

But it has just lovely art, and a baddass Santa, and I like it anyway.

Not a clunker in the bunch this week!  Woohoo!

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Black Widow really was good, wasn't it? I'm really enjoying this story. I don't read the others you reviewed, and I have, as yet, to post my own reviews, but I really Loved Titans Rebirth and Green Arrow 1. It's nice to be reading some more DC books.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It IS nice to be able to read DC... and actually enjoy it! Gosh, I have missed so many of these characters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home