Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Meh

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Meh

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting much lately. Still in the doldrums and still trying to fight of a ferocious cold that I have had for almost two weeks... and it is just hanging on and on and on...!

Bleh.

In fact, I didn't even GO to the comic book store on Wednesday because there were only two books that I wanted, and it seemed like a bit of a chore.

It's not that I don't love my books... it's just that they... and I are seemingly in a bit of a rut.

Take my beloved Green Lanterns. Too much of Hal bloviating, and too little of Guy being awesome. It is nice to have Kyle, Ganthet and Sayd back, but this past issue was just an old bird-headed lady telling her grandchildren a bedtime story about how amaaaaazing all the Green Lanterns are.  Which is actually not a bad premise if she had a specific tale at hand as opposed to..." Oh Gad, they're just so fabulous!"

Saga continues to actually BE fabulous, and consistently continues to break my heart. Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel and Hellcat are probably my favorite Fun books, and Thor is great, but needs more Loki. Champions is a hoot, and I am getting very invested in Nova, which is not a thing I ever thought I would say.

So... what books are grabbing YOU?

9 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I seem to be reading more comics than ever. They're a nice escape from reality right now. I'm loving most of the Rebirth books, especially Green Arrow, Superman, Superwoman, Titans, Nightwing, and Wonder Woman. Flash is fun, too. I also love Black Widow and Ms. Marvel, and The Champions is fun. Jessica Jones and the yet again new edition of Captain Marvel have promise. Hawkeye with Kate is fun, too. I love Saga and the noir Kill or be Killed. There are many others I'm enjoying. The hard part is keeping up with them all!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Squirrel Girl is still solid. I'm hoping this next Hellcat story arc will be really good, now that the Black Cat has shuffled back off-stage. I started buying Gwenpool this week, that was pretty good. Ooh, Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye has been better than I expected. The story Mark Waid and Barry Kitson are doing about the old Kooky Quartet Avengers is pretty good.

But I hear ya about it being hard to get pumped up sometimes. I'm hoping things will turn around as we move into spring.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

There really are a lot of good books out there, and I should look into investigating some of the ones you both recommend. I need to get out of my funk.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Trying new things can definitely help with a funk. At least everything will be new and hopefully, fresh.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I hope you feel better.

I miss it when they had multiple GL books so you could follow your favorite. I have one title I get excited about but I can still understand how it's easy to feel meh in general.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am not even reading the regular Green Lantern book!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jack_Acid said...

I'm generally about a year behind in my reading stack but I did catch up in Manifest Destiny and it continues to be my favorite historical magic comic out there

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Now that is a book that I am not familiar with.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Portfolio, Stefan Mesch said...

"Saga", "Ms. Marvel" and Greg Rucka's "Lazarus" might be my favorite current books.

"Superwoman" and "Action Comics" are solid, fun mainstream books. "Detective Comics", too. And I loved "Darth Vader" and the current spin-off "Dr. Aprah".

current indie titles? "Black Hammer", "Invisible Republic", "Harrow County".

"The Fade-Out" was great, and I enjoy "Injection" and "Jupiter's Legacy".

you might like "The Fix", and maybe (nothing special, but fun and charming) "Poe Dameron"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home